6 Tips to help dream recall
Many people tell me they don't remember their dreams, but this is not a permanent condition. There are many things you can do to stimulate dream recall. Here are just a few:
1. Go to bed with the intention to remember a dream. Before falling asleep repeat to yourself "I want to remember my dreams".
2. Have a journal and pen handy by your bed. Immediately upon waking, write down as much as you can recall. Even one sentence is a start.
3. Allow for 8 hours of sleep at night. If you are not getting enough sleep, take a power nap in the daytime. When we are more rested, it is easier to have dream recall.
4. Limit alcohol consumption before bed. Alcohol and some medications have a blocking effect, and make our minds too foggy for good dream recall.
5. Meditate. Daily meditation can help charge your connection to your dream life. At least 10 minutes, you may work up to 20-45 minutes a day.
6. If you are feeling very blocked with remembering your dreams, first thing in the morning in a separate journal write free flow (whatever comes to mind no matter how ridiculous it may seem) for at least two pages, three if you can. This sets a stronger intention to recall dreams and helps to clear out energy patterns that may be blocking your recall. This must be done before starting any other activities as you begin your day. Don't judge it, just write it down.